We have one extra day this year and this morning on Facebook, everyone was posting to make the most of today–make the most of this extra 24 hours we’ve been given. With that in mind, I decided to fill my day with inspirational quotes for running (quoted where I have the source). This post is a little different, but I hope it brightens up your day.
1. Don’t ask yourself why I run. Ask yourself why I don’t.
2. Running is more than a series of arguments between the part of the brain that wants to stop and the part of the brain that doesn’t.
3. Remember the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting the couch doing nothing.
4. Good things come slowly, especially with distance running.
5. I know every mile will be worth my effort.
6. Distance doesn’t matter. It’s the sport of running that does. -Katrina Ricci
7. Running never takes more than it gives back.
8. It never gets easier. It just gets harder.
9. The real purpose of running isn’t to win. It’s to test the human heart.
10. No one ever drowned in sweat.
11. Distance running makes the heart grow fonder.
12. Running will never make you more free. -Kenny Loggins
13. Be yourself. Unless you can be a runner. Then always be a runner.
14. When life throws you lemons, grab your running shoes.
15. A run begins the moment you forget you are running.
16. Just run. Pain is nothing compared to how you feel if you quit.
And my personal favorite:
I run because I can. When I get tired, I remember those you can’t run, what they would give for this simple gift I take for granted. And then I run harder for them.